Friday, February 10, 2012

Breaking In and Entering

The problem I had when I first moved out here was getting my feet in the door. Well, there was more to that problem, I didn't even knock.
I saw the door or maybe just "a" door and ran down the hallway far away from it. So far, I moved to New Zealand... And that was the extent of my acting career thus far in NYC.
So now, I am devising a plan, mapping a course, infiltrating the system, breaking in and entering. How do I get in?
This is the research phase. I want to look at all angles, commercial, voice over, film, etc.

What's behind door #1
PDR Voice Over Coaching
Just yesterday, I had a voice of assessment session with Peter Rofé, who has been a professional voice over actor for 25 years. My assessment was a success, and I will be working with him privately doing voice overs and learning about that business. My goals with these private lessons are to develope an understanding of the voice over business, explore and craft my voice over acting, create a demo, and make connections with people in this business. Audition for this industry.

And she came a knocking...
This week, I have researched commercial classes, film classes, voice over classes, improv classes, and headshot photographers.
The tricky part of all this is where will my money go the furthest? I understand that to make money, you got to spend it. I am more than willing to do this, but where?
I would love to hear from actors, entertainers, etc with their thoughts on classes, workshops, what agencies to target, what not to go to, etc.

If I were to break into a bank, what bank would have the most BANG locked in their vaults...

No comments:

Post a Comment